Sunday 16 February 2014

Module 3!

Welcome back everyone! I hope you are all getting into the swing of things again and your inquiries are starting off nicely!
I have had an insane week at work and I'm off to Rome next week so it's pretty crazy getting things done but it's certainly teaching me to be organised with my time!
So far I have had a highlighter permanently attached to me as I've been going through the literature I found in more detail and writing up reviews, collecting quotes etc. I've also got started with a lot of observations of children dancing at school and seeing how it impacts their day and lessons. Quite interesting to step back and really look.
I'm going to get a couple of interviews done then I can really start analysing the results and seeing what comes up. So far my discoveries are that, as much as dance has been proven to improve many skills, I have found that the children have got to WANT  to access the dance in order for it to have an effect - and it's generally the children who need the skills most that don't engage with the lessons to improve them - it seems be a catch 22 situation that I can look into further!

I really hope I am on the right track, would love to hear from you with where you are all up to!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah,

    I hope things are going well!

    I'm just trying to plan when I will start my interviews and observations at the moment. Have you got an idea of how many interview/observations you plan to do and in what time frame?

    I think I am aiming for around 3-4, interviewing the teacher and observing their class and then hopefully afterwards having a small chat to discuss thee class...it's quite a lot so I don't want to aim too high but at the same time I want to have enough material to work with to gain a valid source of information.

    I would like to hear your ideas on this!

    Carla x

    ReplyDelete